Saturday, March 26, 2016
March and Moving
March was full of goodbyes. We had a great community around us in Charleston and we all had great friends it was hard to say goodbye to. We had lots of last minute doctor appointments and errands to run. We spent the first week getting rid of what we didn't think we would need when we move back to the states and the second week packing what we wanted to take to Finland.
I took the van to get fixed and they never started on it so I rented a car for nothing. Then I rescheduled the repair somewhere else and rented another car. We fixed it in hopes of being able to sell it for more money but fixing it made the repair show up on the car report and we ended up not getting more for it, paying for the repair, two rental cars and way too many hours that could have been better spent elsewhere.
Mom was able to plan a quick trip up with Annie Dearden which turned into a complete nightmare. The night she got there she thought she had food poisoning. 20 hours of throwing up later I took her to the ER where they decided she needed to be admitted. I had to abandon her because I had someone watching the boys. Dad started driving up Wednesday and they did surgery Thursday to remove an adhesion from her hysterectomy scar that was causing a bowel obstruction. They ended up staying in the hospital another 5 days after we had left and flown across the world. She seems to be feeling better now, thankfully.
We flew business class, which was amazing. We had full out beds and a 3 course meal. The kids played video games instead of sleeping, but all in all they did great. We got to Helsinki with 5 rubbermaid totes, 4 carseats, 1 stroller, 14 suitcases and 6 backpacks. We looked crazy pulling absolutely everything off the baggage carousel that came around. We looked ever crazier with me, Kyle, Alexander and Benjamin pushing luggage carts and Isaac pushing Zachary in the stroller. Kyle hired a giant taxi and we got to our new house with just one trip and our adventure began.
I hope to do a good job about posting. It's been an adjustment that has had some days better than others. I'm thankful tonight for a long weekend to all be together as a family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















No comments:
Post a Comment