Saturday, March 26, 2016

December

December was a rough crazy month. My Grandpa Tillman passed away December 13th so I headed back out to Utah for a few days. The day before I flew out we were robbed. Fortunately my dutiful visiting teacher came and I had stood her up. She called and asked me if I was home and said that my front door was open and someone had just walked out with a basket of clothes. A few calls later to her, Kyle and the police and leaving my little guys at Chick-fil-A with Kelly and Laura I headed home to meet Kyle and the cops and an empty ransacked house. In less than an hour they had cleaned it out. Fortunately we were able to track them with our tablet that I had just felt like charging a few days before that they had taken. We had most of our stuff back by the end of the day and only the tv, computer and Kyle's suit suffered damages. We got an alarm but I still felt very personally violated due to the girl helping with the heist taking all my clothes. The women in the ward were amazing and pulled together money so help me buy new clothes. I bought a coat as soon as I got to Utah, since mine wasn't recovered. I scratched the van, which ended up causing great headaches a couple months later, dropping the boys off before going to the airport. BJ and family arrived at my house for Christmas the day after I got home from Grandpa's funeral and then Mom and Dad came the next day. Christmas was crazy and loud and great to be together since January brought even more change. I decorated gingerbread houses with Alexander, Benjamin and Isaac's classes and we saw Santa and the ward Christmas party.

No comments: