This year I made the kids decide what they wanted to be the first of October so I could start sewing and then talked my mom into coming during Fall Break to help sew. Alexander was set on a ninja with no changing his mind. Benjamin wanted to be a dragon, which just meant taking out hems on last year’s costume. I ended up with two ninjas (after Benjamin saw the cool swords Alexander was getting) a saloon girl, and old west cowboy and a recycled monkey costume for Isaac from several years back.
We all dressed up for the ward trunk-or-treat. The youth in the ward ran the games and we had cotton candy and nachos. It seemed to be a big success.
Both the big boys had school parties on Halloween.
Halloween night we went to Alexander’s friend Jacob’s neighborhood. The kids had a great time running around and Isaac loved chasing them. He learned early on that the pumpkin bucket was magical and people put candy in it.
The Switch Witch is still a big hit around here and brought Madagascar 3.
I love Halloween. Some of my favorite childhood memories are from Halloween. I love seeing how excited the kids get and love that they love it too.
No comments:
Post a Comment