Friday, October 5, 2012

Thrive

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to go to Time Out for Women in Hoston.  Besides the speeding ticket for 6 miles per hour over, it was a great time to refill my lamp.  I love going to Time Out and spending time with girlfriends, eating great food and having the opportunity to feel the spirit.

While I was there I sampled some Thrive freeze dried foods.  My mom had told me about them from a party she went to and I was already considering signing up to be a consultant.  Getting to try the foods was all the push I needed.  I have found that food prices in Louisiana are really high and the quality, of produce especially, really low.  I was throwing out half of what I bought and looking for ways to cut food costs.  I signed up as a consultant and had 3 boxes of food show up at my door.  My next grocery trip I found myself cutting out things I didn’t need to buy because they were already in my pantry—with an opened shelf life of a year.  I have loved having all that food, pre-diced, and ready to use.  It is great for smoothies, meals and snacking.  I have found myself snacking on yogurt bites and dried raspberries instead of chocolate, Kyle would have eaten a whole can of pineapple if I hadn’t made him save some for samples and the brownie mix was delicious.  The kids even like it.  I wish I had it around when Isaac was eating baby food.  I’m not a big saleswoman, but I love this stuff.  And really, who doesn’t need food.

No comments: