It has been a while since my last post. We have been busy and we got a new hard drive and upgraded to Windows 8 and I've chosen to just stay away from the computer instead of learn the new Windows.
For Thanksgiving my parents came down and we had the Johnsons and the Hawks over. We ate lots of delicious food and had a great time with family and friends. The best dish by far was the sweet potatoes, recipe courtesy of Ruth's Chris'.
We had a November full of illness. Alexander got the flu, Isaac had a cold that turned in to a sinus infection, that turned into pneumonia. And Benjamin, not wanting to be left out, got bitten by the neighbor's dog. Isaac just hasn't been able to stay healthy. He now has Fifth's Disease which causes a rash that makes him look awful and flu like symptoms. Of course you don't know you have it till you are no longer contagious though, so I apologize to anyone we have passed it to.
We decorated really early for Christmas, so I spend most my days rehanging ornaments on the tree. I also made graham cracker gingerbread houses with each boys class. They seemed to enjoy it.
We have been reorganizing and dejunking and had a fairly successful yard sale last week.
Kyle has been working crazy hours the last several months and we haven't seen much of him. However, that all changed Tuesday when the state decided to delay (indefinitely) the funding for his project. That means Kyle has been home a lot more. He even took off work on my birthday and I got to spend the day shopping and he took care of the kids. That also means our time in Louisiana is probably a lot shorter than we had thought. It is very likely we will be moving in a few weeks, just the where is unknown.
So here's to new adventures and a happy crazy holiday season.
1 comment:
Move to Murfreesboro!!!! :)!!!
I cracked up when I read about you rehanging the ornaments...know all about that here too.
I hope Windows 8 isn't too bad. We got a new laptop that will have Windows8 on it...hope it's fairly simple.
Post a Comment