Monday, November 14, 2011

Halloween

So this year I truly lost my mind.  Our church’s trunk-or-treat was really early in the year.  Saturday before the big event, we took the kids to look for costumes.  They had wanted to be everything from pirates to cowboys to ninjas and back again.  They had decided on Benjamin being a fireman and Alexander a pirate, so Monday morning we loaded in the car to go get costumes.  As I was getting ready to leave I started feeling like a cop-out for not making costumes like I did last year.  So I called Kyle and told him this to which his reply was, “well, yeah, kind of.” So we headed to Hobby Lobby, where Alexander decided to be a sasquatch—yes big foot, and Benjamin a dinosaur.  I spent the next two days frantically sewing and this is the result. Next year I they have to decide in August what they are going to be, or this mom may just be a cop-out.

IMG_3399

IMG_3419

IMG_3414

IMG_3418

IMG_3423

Alexander asked his primary teachers to carve pumpkins with him.  They are newly-weds and BYU-I students.  Alexander and Benjamin did all their own carving.

IMG_3412

The Switch Witch also paid us a visit this year and traded all our candy for a toy the next morning.  She might be my favorite holiday representative ever.

IMG_3427

No comments: