I am feeling a little frustrated with our pediatrician today. Isaac started with this nasty barking cough two weeks ago. I took him to the pediatrician Dec. 29th and asked about RSV. She said it was probably just a cold and that sometimes coughs last a long time and to take some Benadryl. Our pediatricians office has 3 doctors. We saw the newest doctor that fills in when the either of the other two are off. I was supposed to take him back today for his second flu shot and with him still coughing decided to see the doctor instead. He as had problems breathing a little when he is nursing and still sounds raspy. Well we didn’t see our doctor again but we saw the other main doctor. She examines him and discovers he has an ear infection and hears his cough and says that sounds like RSV, let’s test him. I told her I was just in and the other doctor said it was nothing. She said well the ear infection may not have been there, to which I replied no I asked about RSV. Today’s doctor seem shocked that with his cough they hadn’t tested him. He tested negative today but the doctor figures he is just far enough along with it that he is getting over it and it wouldn’t show on a test. I’m glad he didn’t have a severe case and that we didn’t have to take him to the ER. I really wish the first doctor would have tested. Had she not just brushed it off, I would have taken him back soon and the poor guy could possibly have avoided the ear infection and could be feeling better. Next time my doctor is out I’m asking to see the other original doctor. Sorry new lady, but you have lost my confidence.
2 comments:
I remember a doctor that joined our regular doctor. Odd how he was always available and my original doctor was always booked. Went in one day when I knew Arianna had an ear infection. The doctor treated me like an idiot when I told him that I thought she had an ear infection. He basically told me that he was the doctor and that he didn't think she had one, yada yada. Oh, she had one. He had the worst bed side manners with kids. I wondered why he became a pediatrician. Probably just the money. He didn't last long before he left.
Thanks for the blog invite! Sorry to hear your little guy hasn't been feeling well. I had to take Casen in to the Dr. for a cough on Thursday. They said his was croup and gave me a steriod for it. It made a world of difference though I hated using that strong of medicine on a 5 month of old. Good luck with everything!
Post a Comment