Friday, August 12, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten

Today was Alexander’s first day of Kindergarten.  His teacher is Mrs. Williams and she seems great.  I took him and dropped him off.  He was really excited until we got to the classroom where he told me he was scared.  But Mrs. Williams asked him to be her helper and he was fine.  He couldn’t decide between school lunch of pastalaya (because it had sausage-his favorite food) or taking lunch.  He settled on taking lunch.  He goes full day.  He wanted to ride the bus home and I told him he could if he knew his address.  He kept mixing up our old address and our new address, but I had him ride the bus and he did fine.  Made it home with no trouble.  He did say the bus driver went the wrong way since he didn’t come straight to our house.  His favorite part of the day was recess.  I can’t believe he is old enough to go to kindergarten, or that I’m old enough to check a child out of school and send notes home to a teacher.  I know he is going to love it though.  He already has a new best buddy.  His buddy at home is sure going to miss his big brother though.

This is a poem they sent home.  I haven’t cried, but this made me a bit teary eyed.

The kissing hand

IMG_3247

IMG_3250

IMG_3251

It is so humid the camera fogged up.

IMG_3256

IMG_3258

1 comment:

The Peters Family said...

Our babies are getting big so fast!!