This summer has flown by. I can’t believe Alexander will be starting school this week. I don’t feel old enough to be helping with homework and checking a kid out of school or sending notes to teachers. Somehow it seems different than doing it for preschool. We have been keeping busy and trying to stay cool (which if you go outside you fail at miserably). Kelly and Kris came down and we took them to New Orleans. We went to the aquarium and Café Du Mondes for beignets. We failed at staying cool until the rain came. Then the next weekend my parents came down and we took them to Kliebert’s Alligator and Turtle Farm. Alexander even sat on an alligator. We failed again at staying cool and got really wet. It poured on us. We didn’t plan well for the trip in general wearing flip flops to walk through mud and grass. My dad loved it though. Alexander loved going fishing with Papa Chad and caught 9 fish to Papa’s 1. Mom and I also took the boys bowling learned that it takes a long time to bowl when the ball only goes 1 mph. Last weekend we went to Denham Springs and went to their little water park. We’ve been busier than Kyle would like, but have made some good memories.
2 comments:
Your oldest is starting school? Wow! You are getting old. Just think....you pop is really old!
I meant "your" pop.
Post a Comment