Friday, September 4, 2009

Swine Flu


So I figured the swine flu was not that big a deal. Most the people we know in Montgomery have at least one family member with it. I figured we'd get it, grow our tails and move on. That seems to be the case for the boys. Alexander has had a runny nose and low grade fever, Benjamin the same, but his lasted longer so I did actually take him to the doctor and he tested positive. Because his case was so mild though, they didn't treat him. I started getting sick Tuesday with a fever, congestion, cough and body ache. Kyle got sick Monday night and has progressively gotten worse. He went to the doctor today and discovered his has turned into a bacterial infection and given another day would probably have become pneumonia. He is miserable. We discovered how hard it is to be sick and have kids. They are going stir crazy and just don't understand that mom and dad don't feel like getting off the couch. Kyle would have liked me to be more sympathetic to him, but I just didn't feel well enough to take care of both of us, even though I knew he felt worse than I did. It has been an awful week here at our house and I'm really ready for the big bad wolf to chase the pigs away from our house made of wood.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

How terrible! I hope you all recover soon.

Cameron and Cindy said...

Aww. . . NO FUN!! I hope that y'all are feeling better soon!!