Alexander started his first day of pre preschool on Wednesday. After about 10 minutes of tears he settled down and had a great time. He painted and finger painted and put on little costume tails and read stories (but not the one he took to school to share). He had so much fun. It is going to be so good for him to have a group of kids his age to interact with. (Most of our friends--whom we love--are a year younger than him) When I took him Friday, he was talking the director's ear off and she walked him to class. I'm so glad he gets this opportunity to learn new things and meet new people. He came home and took a 4 hour nap after his first day. He told me the first day he was going to miss me so much and asked if I would miss him. Then after I picked him up he said he missed me. After the second day he said he had too much fun to miss me. His teacher seems wonderful. She loves to be on the floor with the kids and doesn't mind them getting dirty and being kids. It is going to be a fun year.
It was strange to just have Benjamin all morning. (He held that whisk all day.) He enjoyed the one on one time, but he still keeps me on my toes. I still try and get an afternoon nap for the two of them after school so I can try and get things done around the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment