Sunday, March 29, 2009

Randomness

I realized this week that this blog is definitely a better option for me when it come to record keeping, however I also realized it doesn't keep as much of a record of the boys growth and achievents as my journal did. That said there will be more posting about the little things going on with both my boys, since I am pretty sure I won't keep up with this and a journal. Two birds with one stone right?

Benjamin is crawling and cruising all over the place and has a keen ability to get into anything he shouldn't be in. He will eat anything. He loves chasing after Alexander. He has the silliest Bill Murray hair right now that curls out on the sides. I really hope it stays curly.

Alexander is so smart. It amazes me the things he remembers and how he connects things. He is getting really good at counting (at least to 13) and is working on letter sounds. He thinks most letters say "ssss" or "ggg." He'll say ggg-car, or sss-train. We're working on it.

Last weekend we met my parents in Birmingham and went to the temple then to the zoo. Alexander now compares the Birmingham zoo and the regular zoo. The Birmingham zoo has a petting zoo with sheep that keep baa-ing at us, so for a while he called it the angry sheep zoo. There was also a giraffe that was sleeping and Alexander figured it was broken down. He told me a few days later he wanted to go sleep at the zoo with the broken down giraffe. I tried to reason that this wasn't a good idea starting with he would have to sleep in the dirt, to which he countered he would just take his car bed (a little Cars cot he sleeps on at grandma's). Then I told him the might roll over on him and he told me he would just push them out of the way. It took some convincing but I finally won.

Spring has come to Montgomery and it is beautiful. The azaleas here are incredible. Hopefully I can get some pictures, but I'm afraid the last rain we got may have wiped out a lot of the petals. We have been inspired by the beauty though and bought 9 bushes to plant in our yard--hopefully we can compete with some of the neighboring yards next spring. I am also hoping to get a vegetable garden planted for the first time this year, we'll see how that goes. Maybe tomorrow Alexander and I will start digging in the dirt.

My brother has moved out to Utah to try and start a new phase of his life. I really hope he can man up and do what he needs to and knows he needs to be doing.

Well the dinner timer is ringing.

1 comment:

Cameron and Cindy said...

Beautiful bushes! I can't wait to see them in the yard! Thanks for the updates!