Sunday, May 24, 2015
Feeling Good
Mid January we started a family health challenge with Kyle's family. Everyone threw in $20 per month and the winner will take home $600 in 3 short weeks. I've never thought much about what I ate or exercised. As the months have progressed and I've had green smoothie after green smoothie for breakfast each morning it has gotten easier and easier to stick to this healthy lifestyle. It isn't so much that I don't want to eat junk, because I definitely enjoy my cheat days, but I feel so much better when I exercise and eat well. I'm down to the weight I was when I got pregnant with Alexander and while for me the goal was just to be healthier, I'm proud of the changes I've made. I enjoy, not just endure, walking each morning. I don't run, but maybe my fast walking will work up to that. We signed up for eMeals meal planning service and because I don't make the menu the kids and I have had to get used to eating what the menu says. It has really helped the kids (and myself) be less picky. Randy and I are the only 2 still competing and it's my competition to lose. I hope that I can really keep this momentum going and be healthy for me and the boys. Here's to 21 more green smoothies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wish I could say the same. Too committed to sugar and carbohydrates. Good for you!
Actually, that was the female grandparent, using his blog name.
Post a Comment