Isaac started Preschool in September. He loves it. He prays each night that he has school the next morning. His teachers are great this year.
His class went on a field trip to the farmers market. One of his best friends is Arman.
We tried soccer. It was just that...trying. Alexander was just so far behind the kids on his team that he didn't have any fun and didn't make any friends. Benjamin was difficult just for the sake of being difficult. Isaac, however, loved it. We will definitely sign him up again in the spring. We ended up having twice a week tennis and 4 days a week of soccer. It was a long couple of months.
The fall here this year was breathtaking. The hills looked like they were on fire with all the red and orange leaves. We went camping and spent a Saturday enjoying the fall weather and learning to ride bikes. Benjamin and Alexander are both great on their bikes now.
Kyle got called to be the second counselor in the bishopric in September and I got a rock star haircut.
We did lots of things Halloween. Kyle and I went to a couple parties, in a couple different costumes and I made Harry Potter costumes for the kids this year. My favorite is the Hedwig costume. Kyle was out of town for trick-or-treating so I took them with some friends. Isaac couldn't have been cuter running from house to house.
Zachary started walking right on schedule with the other boys at 15 months. He walked around carrying balls for a while that seemed to help his balance. Walking just enabled him to get into more things, but kept him from putting so many things in his mouth.
Kyle's grandparents came for a week and we loved having them. My parents came for Thanksgiving and we made hot glue ornaments. My dad's jellyfish was the most creative.
December came with lots to do. I made gingerbread classes for the big boys' classes, we did the 12 days of Christmas for the elders, Alexander made his own "Elf on the Shelf" named Chocolate because I refused to buy one and Zachary was terrified of the Christmas tree for weeks. I would move the little tree around to keep him out of things. It may have traumatized him for life, but it allowed me to do dishes. Randy, Kelly, Kam and Kris came for a week for Christmas. Santa delivered with a Kindle Fire, Skylanders Trap Team, a Zoomer Dino and a baby MP3 player. It was a great Christmas. After a week with Kyle's family we decided we hadn't had enough extended family and drove to Alabama for a quick trip to see my parents.
We rang in the New Year with our friends the Jones who lived in West Virginia but now live in Madison.
Now if I'm good, I'll get off to a better start in 2015 and post about Alexander's birthday before Benjamin's birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment