Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Cosmo Disaster

One of my good friends here, Karli Johnson, is expecting her first baby in a couple weeks.  I wanted to make the cake for her shower.  She is a huge BYU fan so she requested a cake with the BYU “Y” on it that said “Welcome to the world little cougar.” I decided to take it a step further and make baby Cosmo to put on the cake.  She came over and watched me make it.  I was really impressed with my first sculpting attempt.  It looked really cute.

Well Isaac is a real crawler now and into EVERYTHING.  He had gotten into the fireplace and was covered in soot, so I had thrown him in the tub when I hear Benjamin say I want to eat his head.  I quickly and forcefully yell “No don’t touch it.  I’ll get you a graham cracker with icing in just a minute.”  He comes skipping into the bathroom all excited about the graham cracker.  After I got Isaac bathed and gave the big boys graham cracker sandwiches and sat down to eat my own I look over and see this

212

I wish I knew the exact tone I used to instill such fear in Benjamin as I told him to go to timeout, because at no other time has it been so effective.  He marched himself to the corner and stayed there until I told him he could come out.  While he was there I did a skin graft from Cosmo’s belly (because I didn’t have any more of the same color fondant and I had let Alexander play with the close color I had left) and rebuilt half the face.

The boys had been earning a trip to the zoo all week.  When I went to get Benjamin out of timeout the first thing he said with those big sad brown eyes was, “Now I don’t get to go to the zoo do I?”  He was so sad it almost made me cry.  It is a good thing he is so stinking cute.

214

No comments: