Since my last post we’ve kept fairly busy.
I went out to Utah for a week and had a great time seeing friends and family. I saw Kris in Peter Pan at BYU, ate raspberry shakes from Arctic Circle, ate at Fredrico’s, ate at Sconecutter, and of course laughed with Amy. I was also frisked at the airport because I looked “bulky.” I told her I was just pregnant, but got frisked anyway.
The drive back from Birmingham to Huntsville was the worst 5 hours of driving I have ever done. There was ice/snow/slush until the Decatur bridge then dry roads. The boys were incredibly tolerant though.
We had an ultrasound last week and found out we are expecting baby boy #3. I was 22 weeks when I had my ultrasound and Kyle and I were both amazed at how much more you could see then with Alexander and Benjamin’s. Not sure if it was because of technology or because I was further along, but you could see his heart, lungs, and other organs and developing brain. So cool. I really thought this one was a girl, because the pregnancy has been so different. But I’m excited to add another hockey player to our family. I love my boys—they are so much fun.
Speaking of my boys. They say the silliest things. Alexander says a few things wrong that we don’t correct. Things like morote for remote for example. However with this love of all things Star Wars has come a new mispronunciation that I want to remember, but have to correct. He calls General Grievous Genital Grievous—that seems like it may be a serious condition. Benjamin brought me a bag of Health bits today and told me he wanted some for a treat. When I asked him if he knew what they were, he pondered it for a minute then simply said,
“they are my favorite.” After playing around and punching me in the face he said, “I’m sorry mommy, I’ll make you happy with my face” and started making funny faces to cheer me up.
Kyle’s car blew up a week ago and we are diligently trying to find a replacement. Yesterday we were disappointed to discover the one we had finally chosen and were headed to buy had been involved in an accident in the parking lot and needs a new fender. It could be that we are supposed to get that one and now we’ll get a better deal or it could mean we need to keep looking. Hopefully we’ll have something this weekend.
We’ve had lots of Valentine’s parties between school and playgroup. I’m ready for a new holiday.
Primary is going better. I was actually there two weeks in a row and really needed that. I think I am figuring out who the kids are. Being a president is a lot harder than I thought.
Well I think that is about it for now.
7 comments:
Fun to get caught up!
I didn't realize you were the primary president! I was president for 2 years and I couldn't have done it without Sugardoodle.net and awesome cslrs.
Congrats on boy #3!
I know that you are making a wonderful president! I absolutely loved that calling. The key is having awesome counselors.
Also, this is Tomicka, not Abby. I'm signed in as her.
I have phenomenal counselors, I would be lost without them. The hard part is learning 100+ kids names and needs.
Just curious, do you have any children with autism?
We had 3 boys with autism while I was president...that was hard for me, but it always works out.
We have one in our oldest class, but he is very functional. In my last ward we had a couple kids and I know it was a challenge.
You're pregnant and having a boy?? congrats Natalie! What great news! Just one more boy and you'll have your husband's family! Hey I saw a pic of you and Amy on fb. How cool! Small world!
Post a Comment