Thanksgiving came and went and the house got a lot quieter. We decorated for Christmas and I made one batch of chocolates. Our tree this year is the saddest tree we have had to date. We tried a tree place like we have done in the past, but no one seemed to be actually selling the trees, so we went to Home Depot. The tree was tall and looked full laying on its side the the boys and I chose it. We chose wrong. It has some major bald spots and after falling over, it looks a little worse for ware. We put up lights outside that are just the right amount of Christmas. I am hoping to do some more holiday baking this week now that the thought of sweet stuff isn’t making me sick. I have ordered Christmas cards for the first time ever and we had family pictures taken by a friend to put on them. We also went and visited Cajun Santa because that seemed most appropriate this year.
We celebrated my 30th birthday. The boys bought me a foot massager and a back massager. Kyle got me a ticket to Utah the end of January. I’m really excited to go out and visit. We celebrated with the boys at Chuck-E-Cheese and went to Olive Garden with some friends. All in all 30 doesn’t seem so bad.
I was also just called as the ward Primary President. I’m excited and extremely overwhelmed. I thought I had graduated Primary but the Lord obviously has lessons for me to learn there. Alexander thinks I am in there just for him, so it is going to require some adjustment period with him. I have some counselors that seem amazing. I’m looking forward to serving with them. I love that the church is guided by a loving Heavenly Father and know that this experience will strengthen my testimony and love for Him and that He will inspire me as I serve.
No comments:
Post a Comment