Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving Week

We had a very busy Thanksgiving week.  Kyle’s grandparents came from Calgary and stayed the Saturday before Thanksgiving until the Saturday after.  My parents, Michelle and Sam and Kyle’s parents and Kam came Wednesday before and stayed through Saturday.  We also had some friends from Montgomery stay on Saturday night.  It was great seeing everyone, but it was really nice Sunday to sit in a quiet house.

We didn’t do much with Kyle’s grandparents, shopping for food and gift ideas and lots of cooking.  Then we went and toured the capital building and downtown with them before the rest of the family came.

Thursday was great.  We had great food and great company.  We spent the day eating, napping and playing card games.

Friday we went to the Louisiana Art and Science museum and then took everyone to the cabin to celebrate my birthday early.  Alexander shocked us all with everything he ate.  I’m not sure if the quantity he ate or the fact that it was shrimp, crab, crawfish, catfish and alligator surprised us more.

IMG_2098

IMG_2099

IMG_2100

Saturday everyone headed for home.  We ended up having just 2 or three people sleeping here at a time thanks to the great grandparents getting a hotel and the Richardsons letting us borrow their empty house.

We also got to share exciting news with the family.  We are expecting baby number 3 in June.  We told Alexander and Benjamin Wednesday night.  Alexander was very excited and started picking names.  Benjamin decided we would name the baby poopy diaper.  We let Alexander tell everyone the next day.  He had already told me I looked like there was a baby in my tummy so I think he was excited he had observed that as well.  Kyle’s grandpa—who has a 99% correct guess rate-says this one is a girl.  Kyle, who usually goes with Grandpa, isn’t so sure since Grandpa years ago said we were having 4 boys.  I guess we’ll see.  I don’t care either way.  I’ve had several doctors appointments already because I switched doctors and I fall into the right time frame for them to do free ultrasounds because the new doctors office is trying to get certified in a specific ultrasound.  It is amazing the change from 10 to 12 weeks.  By 12 weeks the baby has hands and feet and really looks like a baby, not just a bean.

Now we are getting back in the swing of things just in time for Christmas to come. 

IMG_2095

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Congrats on the new baby to come!

Amber said...

Yeah for baby #3! We're happy for you guys!