Sunday, September 12, 2010

The last month’s happenings

Well life has slowed and and sped up since I last posted. Summer is over and with that all our friends in the ward have stopped traveling and we’ve gotten to know them and are really feeling settled and making great friends here.

Sandy Marks, our neighbor, has started play group and temple group swap, so we are spending a couple mornings a week with our friends.  It is great for the mom’s to visit and especially great to have an opportunity to go to the temple so often. We also have a monthly book club.  Last month was the Hunger Games—thank you Suzanne Collins for writing such a wonderful trilogy. This month is My Name is Asher Lev.  I LOVE reading, but this book was better used as a sleeping pill.  I don’t think I read for more than an hour twice and most times I read I woke up 3 pages and and hour later with the book on my face.

I am still not pregnant and getting more discouraged about it. I spent a couple mornings helping friends pack and unpack to help keep my mind off it.  Fortunately I have a comrade in this to help keep my spirits up and a wonderful supportive husband.

Alexander has become obsessed with Star Wars.  We often go places and he and Benjamin will tell me to to look out for Darth Vader as we are driving.  I think the people at the library gave us more than one strange look as I explained to my kids that Darth Vader wasn’t hiding behind the book shelves.Jedi costumes are in my future.  As soon as I buy a sewing machine, I’ll be on my way.  I do miss having mom so close by—I can’t hand off these projects to her any more.  I miss her for more than her slave labor though too.  It is a change being 8 hours from grandparents, but we are starting to love it here in Louisiana.

1 comment:

Seth & Courtney said...

Two things to note, #1: Darth Vader might be hiding behind that bookshelf. You just never know, and for that reason...may the force (and a couple of light sabers) be with you. #2: I am so happy that you like it here! I think you should consider making it permanent.