Sunday, September 12, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Kyle and I have different ideas of fun for Saturdays.  He wants to just stay home and relax and I want to go and do something.  So he chose the Bluebonnet Swamp Nature Center.  Along the path we saw grasshoppers the size of cats, lizards, snakes and pictures of all the other nature previous visitors had taken.  Alexander pet an alligator.  I was convinced camping in LA is not a good idea.  (Kyle says once it gets down to 80 degrees he plans on going—I don’t think that will happen before January so I have a while to prepare for this adventure)

We spent Labor Day with the Richardsons, whose family I want to keep up with.  They have gone in together as a family and bought land and built a cabin about an hour and a half from here. It is such a great idea.  We had such a great time with them.  Alexander went fishing most the day Monday and caught 10+ fish.  There were tractor and pedal boat rides. Alexander loved having the freedom to go on adventures and explore the forest all around him.  The adults stayed up too late playing games and laughing.  Thank you Courtney and Seth for inviting us. We are currently trying to get our families to start planning our own get away spot.

Recently Updated-1

Alexander started preschool at Bizzy Bunch and LOVES it.  He says we don’t need preschool at home anymore because Ms. Beth is more fun.  He never wanted to go to school at Trinity but was fine once he got there.  He asks everyday to go now.

IMG_1906

Well the boys naps and therefore my computer time are over.

3 comments:

Cameron and Cindy said...

How fun! We miss you guys!

Emily H. said...

Louisiana seems so fun- we are totally going to have to visit sometime! Small world that you know Amy Bascom! They lived above us in our BYU apts and her childhood family friend married my older sister. Anyway- my sister's in laws that live there are the Throckmortons... in case you are in the same ward or anything. Stinks that we missed you the last time you came here. Can you believe our little boys go to K next year??? :)

Seth & Courtney said...

We had such a great time that weekend! We'll have to do it again. Our cabin needs little adventurers to keep things interesting! And I like your idea of a "snack".