Monday, October 11, 2010

Fall

It seems to be a slow blogging month.  Every time I check to see what is happening with all our blogger friends, I am disappointed to see that no one has updated much.  Then I realize it has been over a month since my last post too and figured I should remedy that situation.

It seems like fall is finally coming to Louisiana.  We have had lows in the 60’s and highs in the 80’s and 90’s which is a definite improvement.  The boys love being able to go outside and play for longer than 5 minutes.  During conference they played outside while we listened.

We had playgroup at the zoo.  The zoo still doesn’t stack up to Montgomery’s but it is always nice to spend a fall morning outside. Alexander wasn’t feeling too great by the time we got to the park.

IMG_1942IMG_1931IMG_1939

All the boys in our household have been sick.  And seem to keep passing it back and forth.  We have had strep, a virus with headache, fever and a cough.  Fortunately I haven’t got any of the bugs. (Fingers crossed)

Alexander had his first field trip on the 1st.  We went to the fire station and the boys got to ride the fire truck.  Benjamin loved it.  They also got fireman hats that they wore for several days.

IMG_1948

I have been busy sewing.  I think I decided I didn’t like sewing after I spent 20 hours making a dress for a Young Women project and then spilt gas all over it when I wore it to the youth dance.  However, after promising the kids Jedi costumes, I bought a sewing machine and got to work.  I think the costumes turned out really good.  I added a smaller dark brown stripe on the belt and I’m going to make boots and the kids were using the force during pictures, but here is a mostly finished picture.

IMG_1968IMG_1962We also have hide and seek light saber fights in the house.

I also just finished the Book of Mormon for the Virtue project.  I really tried to look at what each chapter taught as I read.  I know that the Book of Mormon is a true book and that by following its teaching we can return to live with our Heavenly Father and strengthen our testimonies of Jesus Christ.

We have been busy lately and seems like it will keep up until after the new year.  My brother deploys in the next few days, we are going to Huntsville then back for Halloween, we are hosting Thanksgiving here and Gatlinburg for Christmas.

2 comments:

Amber said...

That's awesome you're doing the virtue project. I'm assuming you're in YW? What do you do if so?

The Paries said...

Amber our ward is really big. I am the YW specialist.