Moving is hard. And I don’t mean packing and unpacking. It is hard to get settled into a new life. The hotel stay was really trying and then it has taken some time to settle into some sort of a routine now that we are in the house. I just haven’t felt like myself, but I think I am finally back.
I love my husband, but there is just something special about a night with the girls. Last night I went to a Relief Society BBQ and ended up chatting until 11 with one of the ladies in the ward. It was so good for my soul. It is always great to talk to women and realize that we all struggle with being moms and wives and that we are all just doing the best we can. As I was being eaten alive by the mosquitoes (they are even bigger here than Montgomery) I was reminded how great the gospel is and the organization of the church. No matter where we move we will find friends to share life with. We are fortunate to be in a big ward—but unfortunate that we may not receive callings. I really hope they can find a way to use us. I feel like you grow so much closer to people you serve and that opportunity allows for the making of great friendships in the church.
We have started doing Mother Goose Time preschool and the structure has been a great addition to our days. We still aren’t sure what there is to do here, but we have found a splash park and bought a pool for the kids to splash around in the yard in. We also learned that slides of any material are too hot to use at noon. We have a bug guy coming to kill (I want them dead, not just somewhere else) the mice and river rats we have sharing the property with us. I know where the nearest Wal-Mart, Target and Outlet Malls are and can get there without GPS. I’m not sure that I will ever get all the highways straightened out. Roads need names not just numbers. We have doctors and we got Alexander registered for a really good Pre-school this fall.
I have also realized/remembered how thinking about getting pregnant/trying to get pregnant and being pregnant consume your thoughts. This is not an announcement as I am not pregnant, but yes would like to be. I feel like it is all I can think about sometimes and being withdrawn has Kyle worried about my mental health I think. He constantly worries about my well-being. My best friend in the whole wide world, after 2 years of fertility treatments, has run out of options. She is one of the greatest women I know and my heart breaks for her loss of that dream. My mom also struggled with infertility and each month I’m not pregnant I worry that we won’t have any more kids. I’m sure Kyle would interject that with all that has gone on the last few month we haven’t really had a chance to try. But I still worry.
I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and is mindful of me and try to remember that he has a plan for me. If I do the things I should do I know I’ll be blessed in His way and time.
1 comment:
I hate moving. I am right there with you. Good luck!
Post a Comment