Thursday, June 24, 2010

It is HOT Here

Kyle’s family came last weekend and we visited the USS Kidd and went to a Chowhound recommended Po Boy restaurant.  The walk between the two was probably a quarter of a mile and we probably lost a quart of sweat.  It was sooo hot.  The boys loved the ship though and we stopped for a picture in front of the old state capitol.  We want to make sure we embrace Baton Rouge and see all there is to see, but I think anything else outside will wait until fall.

 IMG_1615   IMG_1618IMG_1623 IMG_1619  IMG_1621 IMG_1622

3 comments:

Emily H. said...

I hear you! It's seriously hot here too. You may have worse humidity though, yeah? I loved seeing pictures of your house and so happy to read that you are adjusting and finding nice people in your ward. My brother in law is from Gonzoles (sp?) outside of Baton Rouge and so we visited there when they got married 12 years ago. I loved it there! But yes, whenever we visit we'll be sure to stop by and to come when it's much cooler!

longnecker said...

I love the new house - Love the entry way. As for ideas, I think the style of the home would look great with some large rod iron pieces - Hobby Lobby half off would give you great ideas.

We miss you guys so much! Every time we have done things together with the girls here I keep thinking, where is Natalie! It sounds like you are off to a great start though.

OK I have a theory on pregnancy (you remember my thoughts on how to get a girl?) If that theory is true it would lead me to believe that the fact that you have two boys makes me think you are going to have NO problem getting pregnant. So don't worry. I have loved having JK a bit behind the boys. I know, easier said than done but try not to worry.

Miss you guys - wish I were there to help while you get settled.

emil1938 said...

Liked your navy ship pictures.I spent 5 years living on them when I was young