Saturday, May 23, 2009
What was I thinking?
We have once again welcomed summer with a bathroom remodel, but decided also to move the bedrooms upstairs. Doesn't seem so bad really, it is a small bathroom, some tiling and painting, and scraping the ceiling. I told Kyle the bathroom was his and I'd do the room we are going to move to. So I got all the toys cleaned out, bought a spray bottle and a scraper and got started. I have obviously lost my mind. Scraping ceilings is one of the worst home projects I have ever done. (Kyle says it still doesn't come close to painting the exterior of our old house in the dead of summer, and I guess I'll give him that). I scraped for 3 hours last night and after Kyle decided I was going to get cancer from asbestos he came and helped and scraped for 1 1/2 hours. So with 4 1/2 hours of scraping you'd think we'd be about done, but no. We aren't even halfway done. I really wanted to take full advantage of this long weekend and get the upstairs done. When it comes to home projects I am overly optimistic and Kyle is overly pessimistic--and like he said last night he's tired of being right. This is going to be a long project, but I'll keep my fingers crossed we are done before Puerto Rico, then we can reward ourselves with a nice vacation. So if any of you don't' have Memorial Day weekend plans and want to possibly expose yourself to asbestos, my door is open and the radio is playing, just bring your scraper and come on in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Natalie - you are crazy!! :) I am sure that it will all look beautiful in no time! It did last time!! Take some before and afters for us!!
What optimism! What energy! Wish I had half of either. Keep up the good work and I'm sure it will look great.
Oh...yeah...that does not sound fun. You will feel so great when it is all done though! Keep chuggin' and you will be so happy you took advantage of the long weekend. Can't wait to see the finished project!
Post a Comment