Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wow. . .where has the time gone

I could have sworn I had posted more recently than I have. I find it hard sometimes to think of something to write about that I think other people would be interested in. Sometimes I just start typing and see where it goes. Very much the case with my last post.


In the last couple weeks I have been fairly busy. Mom came to stay for a few days which was a lot of fun, even if we didn't accomplish the pre-spring cleaning I intended to have her help with. I did organize the attic and the play room.

The weather has started to get nice and we spent some time outside. We went to the zoo and enjoyed the fantastic new park. I think I would go to the zoo just to go to the park. I think it would be a fun date one Saturday afternoon. The one set of monkeys has a mom, dad, toddler and new baby. The toddler was harrassing the dad and mom was feeding the baby. I told Alexander that they were like our family. When the dad monkey had had enough he started chewing on the toddler. So Alexander kept telling Kyle about the monkeys but using our names and told him that Kyle started chewing on him. Kyle was very confused but it was pretty entertaining hearing Alexander retell the event.






Valentine's came and went. We had a party at Cindy's with 14 kids under 4. It was a lot of fun and surprisingly not as chaotic as you'd guess. The kids seemed to have as much fun as the moms did decorating Valentine's boxes. Kyle and I kept our friends daughter so the could go out and pretty much let the day pass unnoticed. I'm not a huge fan of Valentines. Not sure why--guess it doesn't have as good of candy as Easter--CADBURY EGGS!! We did go out Friday as a family and gave Benjamin Freckled Lemonade from Red Robin. He wasn't too impressed.




Kyle and I are starting to make arrangements for our summer trips. We are going to Puerto Rico in June and Calgary in July. I am trying to find motivation to workout. I really don't enjoy it at all. I wish I did, but I just don't. I really want to set a good example of health for my kids, but it isn't something I learned growing up--thank heavens for good genes--so I am finding it really hard to start now. Anyhow Puerto Rico gives me some incentive to work out and get that beach body. Then maybe I can pack on some blubber so I won't freeze two weeks later in Calgary.



I finally got Alexander registered for a Mom's Day Out program for the fall. I know he'll love it. I don't think I could ever home school--I just don't think I am good at the structured teaching it would require. Then again maybe I need to be more structured. Maybe that would help me with this lull I am in as a stay at home mom. I wouldn't trade staying at home, but I am struggling to find a sense of self. I am starting piano lessons this weekend and hope to take another cake decorating class. I think I miss learning and hopefully that will help some. We'll see.




Benjamin and his fangs--if you look really close you can see them. His front teeth are finally coming in.


We'll I have rambled long enough. Time to find something for dinner.

1 comment:

Cameron and Cindy said...

Yea!! I have been wanting to see Benjamin's teeth caught on camera. Love 'em!! :) See you soon.