Friday, December 12, 2008

Tis the Season






I can't believe Christmas in less than two weeks away. I think the older you get the quicker time goes. I once heard that is because each year is a smaller portion of the time you have already lived, which I guess makes sense. But regardless the reason time seems to be flying by.




We went out with the masses the day after Thanksgiving and completed most of our Christmas shopping so I feel pretty set there. Kyle and I got ourselves a TV since our old TV "mysteriously" broke the last time I went to Huntsville. Kyle has been waiting for a new TV for years.


We decorated the house last weekend. We bought a 9 foot tree that completely fills one corner of our living room. Each year we buy a new ornament for each family member and one for the family. We typically try to find the tackiest ornament we can. (Kyle's owl is tied with a creepy Santa from an ornament exchange.) Alexander picked a glass duck. Kyle told me not to let him get a breakable ornament but I honestly thought it was wood. Well as Kyle will gleefully tell you, he was right. Alexander hung the first ornament--his duck--on the tree as Kyle recorded him and as soon as he let go it fell to the ground and broke. After some gloating we got the tree finished as the house is pretty festive.


I have the best husband in the world. He spoiled me rotten on my birthday. It was a very relaxing day.


Last night we made 5 varieties of cookies, popcorn balls and Chex Mix (because it is so much better homemade) for Kyle's work. It was quite the production.




So with presents bought, cookies made and lights on the tree it definitely feels like the Christmas Season.

1 comment:

Cameron and Cindy said...

Look at your beautiful tree and darling cookies! You are amazing! I love Christmas and a decorated house! I have been waiting until we move Saturday to set up Christmas, so don't be surprised if it stays up for a little while in January!! Love ya!