Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My First Thanksgiving

I have had the idea of hosting Thanksgiving this year since we bought this house in January and now 36 hours before the festivities begin I realize I have no idea how to cook a turkey and I really hate touching raw meat. On top of those concerns, everyone I talk to thinks I have lost my mind since I will be hosting dinner for 18. It can't be that hard, right??? Actually I am excited to have all our family here. We finally finished up all of the projects have started in the last 10 months and the house is company worthy. Tomorrow I plan on cooking pies and the first turkey that my dad will later marinate and smoke and having Alexander come back home. He spent his first overnight trip the last few days with grandmas so Kyle and I could work on the house. I miss his laugh, singing and constant jabbering. He is so sweet. This Thanksgiving I am definitely thankful for my family. I couldn't ask for a better husband or boys. I am also infinitely grateful for my Savior and His atoning sacrifice for me. I hope you all have wonderful Thanksgivings full of family, friends and pumpkin pie.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Cute kids Natalie. I signed up to follow what is going on with ya'll since we are so far away. The blog thing is fun. I need to add to mine.

AnnaLee & Roger Tillman Family Proclamation said...

We missed seeing you this year! In fact, I miss Alabama in general. Your boys are darling and I am so glad that even though we are thousands of miles away we can still watch your boys growing up.

Hope your Thanksgiving was great! I miss hosting Thanksgiving it was strange not to do it and to have the missionaries over.

I also look forward to seeing your home. . . next year sometime. Give Grandpa T a hug from us. :)