Monday, April 18, 2016

Things are hard here

I'm not sure why but everything here is hard. The chairs, the sofas, the mattresses and especially the toilet paper. A lady at church said that the Finns don't like to be comfortable. I'm starting to believe that may be true. Driving is also hard. Unfortunately not everything you need to know about driving and especially parking can be conveyed in pictures on signs. You still have to rely on words--words I don't understand. However it isn't hard to adapt to the Finnish way of life. I love being able to walk to get everything we need from pizza to pastries to tools and back to pastries. I feel like I'm ready to let my kids take public transport by themselves and I feel like I easily gave them more independence when we are out and about. It feels so safe here and the people are very kind and helpful once you start talking to them. I love the street markets popping up everywhere as it gets warmer and the fact that we could walk to a fair. There are bike paths everywhere and we are hoping to have bikes for everyone soon so we can explore more areas around us enjoying the warm(ish) Spring air.

1 comment:

Happy Jackie said...

Glad you are posting again, love to keep up to date with you and your family.