It seems like Zachary's pneumonia we have had one thing after the other. Benjamin broke his wrist the 3rd day of school falling off the monkey bars. He fell once and likely broke it on that fall, then said a prayer to be protected and fell again busting his lip. It was a lesson that we can't just expect Heavenly Father to do it all, we have to prepare ourselves too. Also that our prayers aren't always answered like we would expect. He was probably protected from a much worse injury. He ended up with a red cast for 3 weeks.
Grandpa Jorgensen passes away at almost 93 years old on the 31st of August which resulted in a last minute crazy trip to Utah. Kyle got us to Chicago and we parted ways. He went to a conference in Denver and we went to SLC. Kris met us and helped us get to the rental car. We were able to see Amy Poole really quickly and then up north where we spent time with family. It was a sad reason to gather but so great to see everyone. My boys love Aunt Amy's kids and it was fun to see them play together. We did a viewing, a funeral and a baptism before a quick trip to see Kyle's parents. This quick trip is where I think we acquired the SALMONELLA that has been plaguing Issac and Zachary for almost 3 weeks.
This is the WORST stomach illness I have ever seen. The kids have had the worst diarrhea and Issac ended up in the ER with dehydration. He as a fever again today, a week and a half after this started. I feel so bad for them. I hope for their sake and mine (I've basically been wiping bums for 3 weeks and doing laundry) that we are at the end of this.
Wishing us healthy digestive tracts soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment