I can't believe my biggest baby is 7. He is growing up too fast and turning into a real boy. He loves school and is in the top of his class. He has some great friends at school. He is a very patient loving big brother. He likes having real jobs to help me with and is learning the value of money,or at least likes to have it to buy toys with. He is getting really good at building Lego and Kyle loves spending time with him doing that. He is a quick learner and thinks he knows everything at the same time.
We had his party the first weekend in January this year (I usually wait till the 2nd), since we weren't sure how soon we would be moving and I wanted to make sure he got a party with friends. Turns out that extra week is very helpful. After having the kids home all week and not really being able to get ready, I was very stressed. Karli came to the rescue and helped get everything ready. Unfortunately she couldn't help any of the 3 cakes I destroyed. I tried making the cake without eggs for Jacob--eggs are apparently very important. The cake was in a pile the morning of the party and the one I made without eggs and nuts (since I somehow forgot almond flavoring contained nuts in the first cake) wouldn't hold together at all. The third and last ditch attempt of fondant and gumpaste Lego man stood up long enough for a picture but didn't make it through the party without falling on the floor. It was a challenging 24 hours. The kids seemed to have a lot of fun at the party though training to be Lego Ninjagos.
Happy Birthday Alexander. I love you and am proud of you and so glad I'm your mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment