Friday, December 30, 2011

31

It is funny how the older I get the younger my parents seem.  I distinctly remember thinking my mom was really old when they adopted BJ at the ripe age of 31.  Now that I’m 31 and just had baby 3, I can’t believe how much time changes us.  31 sounds older to me than 30, but I still don’t feel as old and I though my mom was—I think the nice guy that carded me at Kyle’s work party the weekend after my birthday also helped. 

Kyle and I have a birthday tradition of breakfast in bed.  (He is much better at this than I am since his birthday is usually a crazy time of the year either not being home or having a new baby.) He made me some amazing crepes and planned a party with friends.  We had fun playing games with a few other couples. 

So far 31 has been pretty good.  I have an amazing husband, wonderful kids and loving family. 

1 comment:

Amber said...

I remember thinking how old my parents seemed in their 30's too! Even though I still think i'm "young" I know my kiddos think I'm the old one now. Sigh.