Saturday, March 13, 2010

Changes

I just realized how long it has been since my last blog so this update might not be too detailed.

We got a contract on the house the end of January and spent February making repairs and putting our last bits of money into the house ever. We had to paint the exterior, replace some rotted wood and get a new roof. Fortunately insurance covered the roof and the total costs for all the repairs weren't too much.

Alexander gave his first talk in primary. Although he was a sunbeam last year we were out of town the weeks he was assigned to talk. He did a really good job.

We collected all our junk and had a really successful yard sale--even with people lining up at our door before there was light to even put stuff out. We were able to get Alexander bunk beds--which is good since we sold his bed at the yard sale.

We moved to the apartment on the 6th--a process which only took 2 hours (including the 20 minute drive). It was insane how fast we got everything moved. Thanks to everyone who helped or sent their spouse to help. The boys were in Huntsville--Thanks Grandparents!--so we were able to get pretty well settled early this week.

I went to Huntsville Wednesday to pick up the boys and take Alexander to the ENT. His tubes both fell out on their own and you can't tell they were ever there. Our ENT in Huntsville is great--I wish he was our pediatrician. We traded one bi-annual doctor visit for Alexander with another though. The moles on his head are getting bigger so the dermatologist wants to watch them every 6 months.

We got back from Huntsville in time to go to a friend's 30th birthday party. Although it was 80's themed, we had a great time--Kyle included. We are so blessed to have such great friends here.

We are spending today putting together our new bookshelves so we can finish getting settled in. So far apartment life is treating us pretty well. Our legs will be nice and toned within a month from all the stairs. I'll post pictures once it is all put together. It was kind of sad to leave the house, but the buyers seem great. We will definitely miss the neighborhood and the charm of the old house, but not the work involved. We feel really good about all the changes and it is really nice to have some financial flexibility and freedom again.

That about sums it all up.

1 comment:

Emily H. said...

You guys moved? Boy it's been a long time since we last talked. I didn't even know you were thinking of moving. What are your plans? It sounded like you moved because of all of the work involved in that house but are you planning on staying in Montgomery? If I remember correctly Kyle's job could take you any where? Am I crazy or am I having real memories here? Anyway... glad you got everything taken care of- it sounds like you've been super busy! Next time you are in town give me a call!