Thursday, November 5, 2009

Halloween

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I started convincing Alexander to be a golfer a few months ago. I figure this is the last year that will work with him. After he realized he was going to be Tiger Woods he was all in.



For school he had to dress as a bible character and I think he made a pretty impressive Noah.



Friday night, the trunk-or-treat at church was packed. We got there late and missed out on most of the carnival, but the boys had fun going car to car getting candy. Benjamin was happy if he had a piece of candy in both hands.

Kyle and I went to his work party later Friday night. We were glad mom and dad had impromtu costumes and went as a cave rescuer and victim. His co-workers are pretty brave. One shaved a bald spot on his head to be himself in 20 years. One was topless as Tom Hanks in Cast Away. The most disturbing was the project manager as Borat. It was pretty entertaining.

We went home to start laying the new kitchen floor and to try to burn the house down when I got the acetone too close to the gas hot water heater. Of couse we couldn't find the fire extinquisher, it was buried in the mess and we didn't have a sink, so no water. It was a little terrifying. Everytime I hear the gas pop on, it still shakes my nerves.

On Halloween we went to a party with all our neighbors. I think there were 20 kids in our group. It didn't take long before we decided that was just too much for any one house and split up. We went around a few blocks and the boys had a great time. Our neighborhood is a great place to trick-or-treat. We went back to the party for a little while then home to bed and work on the house.


I love Halloween, can't wait for next year.

No comments: