Tuesday, October 6, 2009

We're ready to move and I'm moving on

So I posted a couple weeks ago that we finally got the house construction done, well apparently it wasn't done right. Kyle looked at the downstairs bathroom ceiling Sunday afternoon, only to see water spots. Yes that is right, more water damage in this old house. We knew buying an old house that we'd have some upgrading to do, but we didn't realize that there was so much below the surface that would need repair as well. We have sunk way more money into this money pit than we ever wanted to and now think it may be time to cut our losses and move on before anything else breaks. We don't want to leave the neighborhood, but come spring I'm pretty certain there will be a For Sale sign in the yard.

In other news I have once again graduated from primary. After serving as a teacher for the last 7 or so years I have been released and called to Young Women's. I love YW. I love the spirit the youth have. I've been called as the secretary and am really excited to work with the girls in our ward and serve with the other wonderful leaders.

Alexander is really enjoying school and wakes up asking if it is a school day. I love his teacher, she is great. I am so glad I put him in preschool. I still feel like I struggle keeping the boys engaged during the day and learning new things so I'm glad I have help doing that for Alexander.

Fall is finally in the air, we are out of the 90's and into the 70's and 80's. Some mornings it is even crisp. On those nice days we are taking full advantage of the weather and the neighborhood and taking long walks. The boys--with much coercion from me--are going to be golfers for Halloween, with nickers and the hat. Alexander changed his mind from a dinosaur to a golfer when he realized he got to be Tiger Woods-his words. He is quite the golfer. He can hit a ball further than I can.

Well here's hoping fall keeps coming our way and that our upstairs toilet doesn't fall through the ceiling.

No comments: