Thursday, June 16, 2016
Last Days of School
Isaac finished off preschool pretty uneventfully. Kids his age can go to school through the end of June, but I had him finish early since the older kids were done June 3rd. His age kids here also have 2 more years before they start official school in Finland so there isn't a big deal made about the end of this year. It made me sort of sad that he didn't get a preschool graduation and a last day with the great friends he made in West Virginia. They did have a Spring Concert though that he didn't want to participate in but was pretty cute once he did.
Alexander and Benjamin finished with parties and a big school assembly. Their school is really a great community and family helping all us expats survive here. I hope to be more involved at the school next year. Alexander and Benjamin both made some really good friends which I'm so grateful for. The learning environment is so different and very self directed. Very different from teaching to a test. Alexander's final project was learning about Ancient Egypt. He chose to focus on the Gods and made a stop motion video to show what he learned. Benjamin made a puppet show about his favorite author Brandon Mull. I think the learning environment is still going to take some getting used to, especially for Alexander, but I feel like they are learning to learn and will be much better off for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment