Monday, May 23, 2011

May Madness

This month has been CRAZY and will stay that way for the next week several weeks. 

The first of the month started out with a OB appointment and finding out that I am measuring smaller than I should be.  So we scheduled an ultrasound to make sure C3PO is growing.  That same time frame was when the tornadoes hit Alabama.  Fortunately our families were unharmed, but they were without power.  Mom, Michelle, Sam and 4 day old Ali came to stay for 5 days.  It was crazy.  Sam and Benjamin have a love hate relationship so there was a lot of fighting and a LOT of noise.  I had my ultrasound and everything looked fine, baby is just hiding under my ribs or something.  The doc gave me the ok to go to San Antonio for AGM so mom went home and Kelly came to watch the boys.  We also met up with Kyle’s auntie Sandra and Auntie Wendy to go on a swamp tour and then a quick walk through the New Orleans French Quarters.   The swamp was very different than I expected.  It was very serene.  We saw a big gator and a few smaller ones.  The kids enjoyed most of it.  Benjamin snuck in a small nap on the river.

IMG_2680IMG_2701

On the 7th Kyle and I drove to San Antonio.  After the drive and walking around and apparently way to little fluids I started having false labor pains.  Made for an interesting night.  We never went to the hospital, but we did find out where it was.  Sunday was a very relaxing Mother’s Day with a nice brunch, relaxing by the pool and the AGM adult formal night.  I wasn’t the only very pregnant lady in a formal—this year there were lots of us.  Monday was a relaxing day as well ending AGM with a cowboy night.  We also went into San Antonio and went to the Alamo and the Riverwalk.  It would be fun to go back again when we have more than a couple hours to wander around. We took the drive home really slowly and stopped at IKEA.  They really need IKEA everywhere.

IMG_2709 IMG_2712IMG_2715 IMG_2717IMG_2724

It took us a few days to get back in the swing of things.  Alexander had his very last day of preschool and his end of the year party.  I can’t believe he starts kindergarten.

IMG_2725 IMG_2727IMG_2751 IMG_2755IMG_2757

The stress really started with Ward Council meeting on the 15th.  The Mississippi river is at some of the highest recorded levels ever.  Three spillways have been open to divert water and most of Louisiana is under flood watches.  In ward council we discussed how we all need to prepare for flooding incase the backwaters flood our homes.  This isn’t a desirable situation for anyone but especially an overly emotional pregnant lady due and moving when the flooding may occur.  I was pretty irrational for a day or so.  We got our 72 hour kits together and discussed our options and I feel better—I would definitely prefer it to stay dry but I think Kyle has me convinced I won’t be delivering a baby in a kayak in the back yard.

Then we started moving.  My house looks like it blew up but hopefully with all the great friends we have here, my mom (who is coming today) and our all-star Elders Quorum president we will get moved. 

I am still measuring very small so I have another ultrasound tomorrow.  I am feeling very pregnant so if they want to induce I won’t argue.

Well I better get to it, empty boxes are calling my name waiting to be filled.

No comments: