Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Easter and More Easter

We have been very busy with Easter activities lately.  On the 16th we had an Easter activity at church.  It was the first activity I planned as primary president and it was as chaotic as I anticipated it being.  I filled 650 eggs and make 80 cookies.  My counselors are amazing and would have helped with this, but we had to cancel our presidency planning meeting and couldn’t reschedule before the activity.  (As an aside—we cancelled because we had to take Alexander to the ER.  He had a high temp and was achy.  I assumed just a virus that would pass, but mom suggested I call the pediatrician.  I did and figured they would just tell me “Oh yeah, that sounds like the buy going around” well they didn’t.  They send me to Urgent Care since is was too late to get in there for a strep and flu test.  When we got to Urgent Care, Alexander was in a lot of pain when they pressed on his stomach and his strep test was negative so they sent us to the ER to make sure it wasn’t his appendix.  Six hours later we left the ER.  Just after they sent for a urinalysis and another strep test, there was a bad accident and several kids ended up in the ER.  Our test results became a very low priority to the hurt screaming kids.  Alexander and I were starving by midnight when we finally left.  However some nice hospital worker brought us cookies and drinks at some point.  I’m glad it ended up being nothing but after the TV got stuck on VH1 and I couldn’t turn it off or change the channel and had Alexander hiding under his blanket I was ready for the janitor to read our results.  After about 30 minutes of VH1 I decided breaking the TV was better than exposing Alexander to what was on and just unplugged the power.  Problem solved.)  So back to the Easter activity.  We had an egg hunt, told the Resurrection story and then played games and decorated cookies.  I’ve heard it was great—so we’ll go with that instead of crazy like it felt.

Alexander’s looked pretty good—Benjamin’s were colors I haven’t seen before and can’t describe.

IMG_2551IMG_2552IMG_2554IMG_2556IMG_2558IMG_2560

Wednesday we had our playgroup Easter party and decorated more cookies and hunted for more eggs.

IMG_2561IMG_2562IMG_2563IMG_2565

Wednesday afternoon I made chocolate eggs for Alexander’s class and he had his school party today.

I think we are about done with Easter and ready for the bunny to visit and a new holiday to come.

No comments: