Thursday, May 6, 2010

Why we LOVE Montgomery!

We have been so blessed to live in Montgomery for the last 2 1/2 years.  I haven’t been great about updating my blog, because I haven’t wanted to write this post.  We found out the middle of April that Kyle’s job is transferring us to Baton Rouge, LA.  While this is a great opportunity for our family we are really going to miss Montgomery—a city we were told we’d hate.

We looked for houses in Denham Springs (just outside Baton Rouge, but an hour commute) but by the time we had decided on a house not only were our favorites gone, but every house we looked at had been rented.  I can’t say that I have ever really had a stupor of thought before making a decision about those homes in Denham Springs.  I prayed about them and woke the next morning not thinking about any of them, or having any idea which we should live in.  I know the Lord was directing us elsewhere.  We have rented a townhouse near LSU that we have never seen but I feel good about it.  It is going to be an exciting adventure.

I’ve not really thought about the move either until we scheduled the movers and realized I have just a couple weeks to enjoy all my favorites in Montgomery one last time.

One thing we love about Montgomery and actually the first thing we found when we moved here is the Children’s Art Museum.  It has great activities for the kids and geese to feed outside.

museum

We love the zoo.  (See previous posts)

We love that there are parks every where.

We love Cloverdale in the spring.

We love the great friends we have made in the neighborhood.

We love the splash pad.  Perfect for when it is hot enough to get wet, but the pool water isn’t warm enough for mom’s comfort.

splashpad

Most of all we love our ward.  I don’t think there is another ward like it anywhere.  We won’t find another Candi--outgoing, welcoming and slightly neurotic.  Another Cindy who is so sensitive to everyone’s needs and willing to help with anything.  Another Pinter family—I only hope my kids are are good as they are.  Another Primary presidency so amazing or a Sunbeam teacher so loving.  I could go on and on.  Carter Hill is an amazing ward.  We love this ward and are so blessed to have been able to serve with you.  I want all you women to know how important you are in my life, how the days are better because I call you friends.  We are excited to start a new chapter in our lives but will look back fondly on our Montgomery chapter.

3 comments:

Cameron and Cindy said...

We love you Natalie. . .are you SURE you have to go? We will miss your sweet family!!

longnecker said...

So sad.... We will miss you guys so much! Things won't be the same without you guys!

Tomicka said...

I think I may have shed a tear. Can't you just stay?